The Governor's House Inn, also known as the Laurens-Rutledge House, was built in 1760 by James Laurens in the Georgian style, and sits on nearly 1/2 an acre just outside the original walled city, on the site of the former Charleston Orange Garden. Though it has been altered and added onto since construction, this grand double house boasting Greek Revival wrap around piazzas is a Category 3 House and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places for it's association with Edward Rutledge, signer of the Declaration of Independence, who purchased the home in 1788. Although the property could easily be used as a spectacular single-family home, the mansion and kitchen house is now used as an 11-room historic Inn with an Innkeepers studio, with the city allowing for up to 14 rooms.
Year Built: 1760
Exterior: Wood Siding
Misc Ext: Fence - Iron, Patio, Fence - Private, Porch - Wrap-Around, Balcony
Msc Intr: Ceilings - 9'+, Ceiling - Smooth
Lot Desc: Corner
Gar Pkg: Attached, Off-Street Parking, Other (Use Remarks)
Desclocation: Bedroom, Dining Room, Living Room, Three +
Special: Flood Insurance
Rooms: Bonus, Formal Living, Foyer, Laundry, Mother-In-Law Suite, Separate Dining, Study
Utilities / HVAC
Water Sewer: Public Sewer, Public Water
Courtesy of listing office Handsome Properties, Inc.